OTAGO HEAVY VEHICLE LICENSING TRAINING
DANGEROUS GOODS LICENCE ENDORSEMENT
Fill the form below to get in touch!
WHAT IS A DANGEROUS GOODS ENDORSEMENT?
A Dangerous Goods endorsement (or D endorsement) certifies that you have the knowledge and skills to safely transport dangerous goods by road in New Zealand for hire or reward (for example if you’re a transport operator or a courier).
Some common goods classifieds as Dangerous Goods for transport can include:
- ammunition and fireworks
- aerosol canisters
- LPG and CNG cylinders
- oxyacetylene and other welding cylinders
- compressed air cylinders for scuba diving
- flammable liquids such as petrol, kerosene, methylated spirits, turpentine, thinners, solvent-based paints and epoxy resin
- hardener for epoxy resin
- some swimming pool chemicals
- some commercial and household cleaning products, such as dishwasher detergents
- some garden care products.
DANGEROUS GOODS ENDORSEMENT COURSE PREREQUISITES
DANGEROUS GOODS ENDORSEMENT COURSE CONTENT
Our Otago based Dangerous Goods Endorsement Training covers;
HOW TO GET YOUR D ENDORSEMENT ON YOUR LICENCE
You must present this within 60 days, or you will have to pay for and re-sit the course again.
NOTE: You are NOT licensed to transport Dangerous Goods until the Dangerous Goods Endorsement has been added to your licence.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT
GETTING YOUR D ENDORSEMENT?
Let us know your question! We’re your local Otago commercial vehicle training provider, and we know our stuff. Just ask!
You can also check out our FAQ page for Frequently Asked Questions and see if the answer to your question is there.